Key Technical Matters of emailing at work.
1. Ask yourself if you would CC yourself. Easy with the CC.
2. BCC says more about you than the person you’re BCC’ing.
3. BC: One of the all-time great comic strips.
4. Not only should you assume that every e-mail you send will get forwarded to someone else, you should assume that every e-mail you send will someday be read aloud in a court of law. Discretion.
5. If your message is less than seven words, put it in the subject line.
6. An e-mail signature should not involve words of wisdom. Not Aristotle. Not Gandhi. Not Hayley Williams of the chart-topping rock band Paramore.
7. Unless someone’s in grave danger, no exclamation points.
8. Related: Grave danger is best addressed via a medium other than e-mail.
9. ALL CAPS. No.
10. small caps. No.
11. wHaTeVeR YoU cAlL tHiS. Absolutely not.
12. When in need of a font that’s a little bit fun, a little bit earnest: look to Helvetica.
13. Verdana? Please.
Also in video form.