But are you familiar with these?
- Etorre’s Observation – The other line moves faster.
- Barth’s Distinction – There are two types of people in the world: those who divide people into types and those who don’t.
- Acton’s Law – Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely
- Boob’s Law – You always find something in the last place you look.
- Clarke’s Third Law – Any sufficiently advanced society is indistinguishable from magic.
- Franklin’s Rule – Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he will not be disappointed.
- Issawi’s Law of the Path of Progress – A shortcut is the longest distance between two points.
- Mencken’s Law – Those who can, do. Those who cannot, teach.
- Patton’s Law – A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.